Anyone who has ever wanted to build their own robot but has been worried that they do not have the required skills or budget to purchase and assemble one of the commercially available Arduino robotic kits currently on the market. Might be interested in this new Arduino Robotic learning platform which has been created by Oky newstar.
The Arduino Robotic learning platform is a kit which has been specifically created to allow beginners to build a robot from scratch and program it using the Arduino programming language.
The kit includes everything you need to create your very own mini robot including the STEM board Arduino compatible microcontroller, laser-cut chassis, wheels, gearbox and sensors all for just $63.
The Arduino Robot has been built from the ground up over the past couple of years through several design cycles to refine the final design which is now ready to go into manufacture. Features of the Arduino Robotic learning platform include :
- Modular platform for interchangeable sensors
- Standardized Arduino C programming
- Novel chassis design minimizes weight while maintaining strength
- Fully accessible microprocessor for easy connections
- Slide in battery pack
- Additional microprocessors can be used simply replacing the support plate
- Develops practical knowledge by using real electronic components
- All for a low cost!
From the list of components as well as its price point the Arduino Robot seems to be the perfect way to enter into the world of robotics and start building your very own. The project is currently over on the Kickstarter crowd funding website looking to raise enough pledges to make the jump from concept to production.